SCHOOLBUS DRIVER CERTIFICATION
To become a driver, the following items are required.
- 1) Two forms of ID: A driver’s license or picture ID and Social Security card is preferred. If not a United States citizen, a Green Card or a Resident Card is acceptable
- 2) NY State Commercial Drivers License: Class B with CDL Passenger (P) and School bus (S) Endorsements
- 3) Fingerprints: Must be processed at a DMV L-1 Enrollment Location (schedule appointment by calling 877-472-6915). Payment of $107 by check or money order at processing, or in advance by phone with a credit card is required for fingerprinting.
- 4) Three letters of reference (from individuals, organizations and/or agencies not related by blood or marriage to the applicant) that will attest to the applicant’s character and work record.
REFERENCE LETTER FORM
- 5) Medical examination: Must be performed by a member of the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. Must be dated within 90 days with a Purified Protein Derivative Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD). If the PPD test is positive, then the results of a chest x-ray are required.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION FORM
All training must be administered through an OPT-certified training location
- 1) Physical Performance Test (dated within 60 days)
- 2) Article 19A Oral & Written Training
- 3) Behind-The-Wheel Training
- 4) Pre-service Training
- 5) 30 Hour Training
- 6) Spring/fall Refresher
- 7) Drug Test Results (dated within 60 days)
- 8) Abstract from the DMV
- 9) 13 County Criminal Background Check