SCHOOLBUS ATTENDANT CERTIFICATION
To become an attendant, the following items are required.
- 1) Two forms of ID: A driver’s license or picture ID and Social Security card is preferred. If not a United States citizen, a Green Card or a Resident Card is acceptable
- 2) Fingerprints/Background Check: A Postal Money Order for $135.00 made payable to NYS Department of Education is required for fingerprinting.
- 3) Three letters of reference (from individuals, organizations and/or agencies not related by blood or marriage to the applicant) that will attest to the applicant’s character and work record.
Reference Letter Form
- 4) Medical examination: Must be dated within 90 days with a Purified Protein Derivative Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD). If the PPD test is positive, then the results of a chest x-ray are required.
Medical Examination Forms
Please print both forms (Contractor copy/OPT copy) to be completed by examining doctor (including license number).
All training must be administered through an OPT-certified training location
- 1) NYSED-mandated training (2 certifications)
- 2) Spring/fall Refresher (original certificate only)
- 3) Physical Performance Test (dated within 60 days)
- 4) Pre-service Training
- 5) American Red Cross Training
- 6) Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)